As part of the development of Stop Over Eating, my client needed specific functionality to allow a logged in member to keep track of their weight. As I used WordPress to power their site, it made sense to develop a simple WordPress plugin. With that in mind, I built a very simple plugin to allow a logged in user to record their weight on given dates. This data is then shown in a graph (ChartNew.js) and HTML table. All the site admin needs to do is place a tag on a given page and the user is presented with a form to enter a date, weight and notes for that entry. When the person saves their entry the data table and graph is refreshed. Over time this plugin has had a major re-write (version 2.0) and had a Pro version built (3.0)…
An easy to use plugin that allows a user to keep track of their weight history in both tabular and chart format (Chart.js). Simply place the tag “weight-loss-tracker” on a given page and the user is presented with a tabbed form to enter a date (UK or US), weight and notes for that entry. When the person saves their entry the data table and graph are refreshed. The plugin also allows users to specify their target weight which is drawn on the chart as a comparison. If data is entered for an existing date, then the previous entry is simply updated. The graph is shown when there are two or more entries.
The following weight formats are supported:
- Metric (Kg)
- Imperial – Stones & Pounds
- Imperial – Pounds only
Also supports the following tags:
weightloss_weight_difference – total weight lost by the logged in member
weightloss_weight_start – start weight of the logged in member
weightloss_weight_most_recent – end weight of the logged in member
weightloss_weight_difference_from_target – difference from target
Our Pro version has now been released! If you upgrade, you get he additional features:
- Widgets. Widgets that allow you to display the graph and quick weight entry form within any widget area.
- Chart and form Shortcodes. That allow you to display the graph and quick weight entry form by placing a shortcode on any post or page.
- Text Shortcodes. Additional shortcodes for earliest and most recent dates entered.
- Admin: View / Delete user data. Admin will be able to view and delete existing user data.
- User preferences. If enabled, the user will be able to select which unit they wish to store their weight in Metric or Imperial. They will also be able to specify date format and clear all their weight data.
- Bar Charts. Fancy something different to a line chart? The plugin will also support Bar Charts.
- Decimals. Decimals will be allowed weight in Pounds only or Kg modes.
- Delete existing entry. A logged in user will be able to delete or edit an existing weight entry.
- Better Tables.. Data tables in front end and admin will support paging and sorting.
- Admin: Extra Settings. Extra settings to customise the plugin will be added e.g. number of plot points on graph, rows per page, etc.
The Pro Version currently costs £25 – upgrade to Pro Version now.
Fully supported (have the majority of translations):
- English (UK)
- German (thanks Michael @ Activate the Beast)
- Dutch (thanks Dennis)
Languages partially supported (have some of the translations):
- Portuguese-Brazil (thanks Team Jota)
- French (thanks @alexiarna)
- Spanish (thanks @idelfonsog2)
- Romanian (thanks @alexiarna)
- Danish (thanks @kfasterholdt)